Lost in Lisbon? 12 Things To Do
We explored Lisbon for 3 days and 2 nights... it was the perfect amount!
Here are some of the top places to see, eat and visit!
1. As soon as you arrived, get your bearings and a taste of the city by registering for a Free Walking Tour online. They depart from Palace Square and there are plenty to choose from.
2. Try Lisbon's famous Cherry Liqueur called Ginjinha .. and help it go down with a Portuguese tart.
3. Walk to Santa Justa Lift. Want to avoid the lines and the entry fee? Watch my Lisbon Travel Guide.
4. Using public transport? Buy a Viva Card. It's .50 euro and you can top it up with funds as you need.
5. Take a ride on Tram 28. This popular tram connects Martim Moniz with Campo Ourique, and passes through the popular tourist districts of Graca, Alfama, Baixa and Estrela.
6. Visit the unique Igreja de São Domingos Church. It was damaged by the 1531 Lisbon earthquake and almost completely destroyed in the 1755 earthquake.
7. Checkout Miradouro da Senhora do Monte Lookout.
8. Explore St George's Castle which is located in the centre of Lisbon. The first fortifications on this hilltop date from the 1st century BC!
9. Visit the Alfama district which is the oldest neighbourhood in Lisbon. This area is extremely pretty with medieval alleys, great cafes and outstanding views.
10. Checkout Park Rooftop Bar. This is a super popular and trendy bar that is literally set-up on the rooftop of a carpark. Good luck trying to find your way up there! It took us a few goes.
11. Indulge at the Timeout Market.
12. Do a day trip to Sintra and visit some of the most exquisite castles in the world! This is an absolute must. Check out our YouTube travel guide below on how to get to this fairytale destination by train.
Best time to travel: May - June
Peak season: June - August
We stayed in an AirBnb called Chiado 2bdr near Largo do Carmo.
If you sign up to Airbnb, using my special affiliate link you will get $55 AUD off your home booking and $21 AUD to use towards an experience worth $73 AUD or more. 😍